Entrepreneurship – The activity of setting up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of profit.
We are teaching people to be followers and not leaders. Follow those who dare to be leaders, but don’t dare to be a leader in your own right. Many kids today possess the skills and know how to be leaders aka Entrepreneurs of tomorrow right now.
There are endless examples of people barely a teenager or out of high school becoming entrepreneurs. They are following their dreams and creating change and $$$ at the same time.
Why can’t everyone be like this? Why can’t people see they too can become successful and become the American dream?
The American dream is not limited, it just has hurdles. Many of these hurdles can be overcome. First, you have to identify them. Once identified, anyone who wants to be an entrepreneur can be one.
We often think of these people as famous and rich. Most entrepreneurs you don’t know. They are opening a bakery, doing youtube videos, selling homes; entrepreneurs see a way to make a living in any area of life.
5 QUALITIES OF AN ENTREPRENEUR
- An unwavering passion – If you find something you love enough to want to share it with others, that love will fuel and give you purpose. Being an entrepreneur demands commitment and dedication — more than most jobs do.
- Open-mindedness – The most successful entrepreneurs I know never forget how much they can learn from others. They ask for advice. They’re flexible. They soak up the best practices around them like a sponge.
- The desire to be an expert – Entrepreneurs like a challenge. If they didn’t, they’d probably have chosen another line of work. When you spend years in the same industry, you learn its history. Knowing what’s been done before can help you identify how it can and should move forward.
- A forward-looking approach – Successful entrepreneurs are always thinking ahead. They may stray from their roadmap, and that’s okay, but they have one in mind. Having an established set of goals will keep you from getting stuck. Your goals may continuously be evolving, but if you don’t know where you want to go, chances are, you won’t get anywhere.
- A constant flow of ideas – Having one project that’s doing well is great. But the successful entrepreneurs I know don’t rest on their laurels. Instead, they’re always asking themselves, “What’s next?” They understand that being a successful entrepreneur is a lifestyle choice, not a destination.
Marklyn enjoys helping people see they have these qualities right now. He embraces the opportunity to discuss what people love and how they can make that their life if they so choose.
By speaking openly with people about their goals and desires, Marklyn captures their attention and then delivers a passionate word on how to start being the ENTREPRENEUR they want to be now.